Our organic cotton range is kindly made by our partners in India under fair trade terms and conditions.
Our cotton clothing is certified by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) which is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain, starting right from the farm where the organic cotton is grown.
What this means:
- Employment is freely chosen. No forced or child labour.
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining is respected
- Working conditions and safe and hygienic
- Fair living wages for all farmers and workers in the manufacturing process
- Working hours are not excessive with adequate rest and breaks
- Our clothing has no toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde, pesticides or nasty chemicals like traditional cotton garments.
- All of our clothing is dyed and printed using GOTS approved water based inks and dyes.
- Our manufacturing factory has an environmental policy including target goals and procedures to minimise waste and discharges.
- Paper or cardboard is used in packaging material, hang tags, swing tags etc. which must be recycled or certified according to FSC or PEFC
We love our planet and the people who live here, so we think it's incredibly important to respect both when choosing who Buck & Baa works with.
Why do we choose organic cotton?
Traditional cotton crops makes up 15-25% of the worlds insecticides and pesticides, which means we are dressing our children in clothing that can potentially harm them.
Baby’s skin is thinner and more porous than adult skin and it absorbs chemicals more efficiently than ours does. Choosing organic clothes for your children can help reduce the amount of toxins and chemicals that their skin absorbs. If you choose organic clothing you know you are choosing a safer, more eco conscious product.
You will find more information on the GOTS certification and criteria here